Post by iconPost by K5B5 | 2020-11-11 | 11:02:21

Peut on savoir le HDG entre 2 points différents ? Par exemple savoir l'angle a prévoir entre le point de passage prévu a 16h et celui a 20h ? Pour planifier des changements...

commenticon 11 Comments
Post by iconPost by Bemerech | 2020-11-13 | 11:13:31
Yes, same here: it would be great to be able to display tracks between two arbitrary points, or at least at a future time.
This way, we can smooth our routes during nights, for instance.

(Translation of K5B5 post: Hello, can we have the HDG between two different points? For example to know the angle to plan between the 16:00 planed point and the one at 20:00? In order to plan changes... Thanks)
Post by iconPost by YourMomSA | 2020-11-13 | 13:43:14
This question has been asked roughly a dozen times. Cvetan (Zezo) has answered it several times. He isn't going to do it.
Post by iconPost by Hardtack | 2020-11-13 | 14:13:58
And he has good reasons to do so.
I actually wrote my own router, and it can do many of these things - set arbitrary start time, anchor track tool to any route point, highlight isochrone corresponding to the selected time.
When I need a routing urgently, however, it frequently breaks. Cvetan's router always works. That quality can not be overestimated, imo.

Post by iconPost by zezo | 2020-11-13 | 19:04:24
It's not like I'm not going to do it, but supporting this site is weird. Now and then VR fuck up so badly that they lose almost all their users. Then there are no players who'd use the new features.

Then they change the game protocol and we have a lot of work implementing the new things.

And then some event like this happens, with 10k users, a lot of support emails, servers overloading etc, and it's not the time to add new features.

If there were 5k users all the time I'd charge $10/year, quit my day job and dedicate my time to the router. Sadly, most of the time no more than 1000 people are interested and that just ain't sustainable.
Post by iconPost by GrandSteph | 2020-11-13 | 21:14:45
It's VG time Cvetan :)
It's our olympics, every 4 years.

Good job man.
Post by iconPost by Bemerech | 2020-11-13 | 20:31:03
Np Cvetan,
Maybe we could help you by extending the Q&A to build a complete FAQ, and answer once and for all these questions.
Many people are enjoying this site for free (hope you get a fair retribution from the ads)... don't hesitate to ask for free help.
Post by iconPost by YourMomSA | 2020-11-13 | 22:06:46
Like this?
Post by iconPost by Lazy_Hikers_Finland | 2020-11-14 | 04:02:20
There is a DONATE button on the right top corner !

Please remember that this site and service is run by people who invest their own time and money to help others to perform better.

Il y a un bouton FAIRE UN DON dans le coin supérieur droit!

N'oubliez pas que ce site et ce service sont gérés par des personnes qui investissent leur temps et leur argent pour aider les autres à mieux performer.
Post by iconPost by zezo | 2020-11-14 | 09:26:02
Ads are fine during big events like this one. Could possibly make a living of that too if it was permanent and the donations help too.

Problem is that such event run only 10% of the time. In the other 90% ads mostly pay the bills.

For a FAQ I see two ways

1) Text document with links to forum posts by subjects.
2) Wiki (which can be copy-pasted from the forum posts in 1) by few pople.

Post by iconPost by Bemerech | 2020-11-14 | 13:43:02
I vote 2) wiki, for info accessibility

@YourMomSA your post ( extraordinary :+1: -- and that's about 90% of what the wiki should tell.
As you wrote, it just misses the tracks (took me some time to understand what the green and red lines were, all the more as I'm colour-blind) and other zezo's features.
I would also add in the zezo mechanics section a "Evolution requests" to tell that it's not that easy to add features, list all common requests (with current status), with a permalink that I guess will be used a lot in the forum ;)
Post by iconPost by YourMomSA | 2020-11-14 | 15:04:11
Maybe also add a pop-up during new topic creation, with a link to the FAQ, asking people to check the FAQ before posting a topic that might be covered there.
Topics list
Copyright 2009 by ZEZO.ORG. All Rights Reserved.